I know, I know, lots of recipes lately, but I’ve had lots of company so it’s been the perfect time to tryout some big dishes! I absolutely love breakfast and I love pizza, so when I saw Guy Fieri from Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives visit a place that made Breakfast Pizza, I had to try it! I didn’t write down the exact recipe that I saw on the show, but I had a rough memory of what was put into making this delicious pizza. I felt like having breakfast for dinner, so I made this pizza tonight and it was killer! It was plenty for probably 3-4 people, I had leftovers. I’m not sure how well the egg will keep overnight but I didn’t want to throw it away. Try it out and let me know how it goes!
pizza dough (I bough pre-made dough from Safeway, worked perfectly)
1 cup of pesto
4 slices bacon- cooked and chopped
5 green onions- chopped
5 strands of chives- chopped
1/4 cup parsley- chopped
2 tbsp. red onion
1. Cook bacon. I just cooked the bacon in the microwave. Don’t cook it too much because it cooks more in the oven. Chop into bite size pieces.
2. Spray non-stick cooking oil onto pan, make dough into about a 12 inch round pizza pie and place it on pan.
3. Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
4. Spread pesto sauce onto dough then cover sauce evenly with mozzarella. Sprinkle bacon, red onion, green onion, chives and parsley on top of cheese. Crack eggs over top of everything (shown above and to your right).
5. Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until cheese is melted, eggs are cooked and crust is done (check the bottom of the pizza to see if crust is cooked).