Summertime is right around the corner and my salad cravings are kicking in. My all time favorite salad is potato salad! I’ve always thought it was the hardest to make until this past winter. My Aunt Carol taught me how in 10 minutes! And to go along with a good potato salad, I made some pesto chicken in the crock pot that turned out to be one of my favorite crock pot dishes!
8-10 yukon gold potatoes- boiled, peeled (if desired) and cubed
4 eggs- boiled and shredded (cheese grater)
5-6 celery sticks – chopped
5-6 green onions- chopped
10 petite dill pickles- chopped
1 1/2 cups mayonnaise
salt and pepper to taste
1. Poke holes in potatoes with a fork. Boil potatoes and eggs for 30-40 minutes (until potatoes are soft enough to stick knife through).
2. While eggs and potatoes are boiling, chop celery, onions and pickles.
4. Mix potatoes, eggs, celery, onions and pickles in a large container.
5. Add mayonnaise and celery salt and mix thoroughly. Add salt and pepper to taste.
6. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour before serving.
3-4 chicken breasts
8 oz. pesto sauce
1 cup chicken broth
1. Put chicken in crock pot.
2. In a bowl, mix ranch dressing, pesto and chicken broth.
3. Add mixture to chicken and stir.