If you’re anything like me then you love food but aren’t the best cook! This blog, I’m going to teach you how to whip up a very easy mango salsa and baked cod filet meal. It’s about as healthy as you can get; fruits, veggies and fish!
Ingredients for salsa:
1 mango- peeled, seeded and diced
1 red bell pepper- seeded and diced
1 green onion
1 tbsp chopped cilantro
1 tsp lime juice
1 tsp lemon juice
1 tbsp finely chopped jalepeno, seeded!
Ingredients for cod:
1 cod filet
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
1 tbsp butter- melted
1 tbsp lemon juice
1 tsp onion powder
1 garlic clove- finely chopped
Directions for salsa:
- In a medium bowl, mix mango, red bell pepper, green onion, cilantro, jalapeno, lime juice, and lemon juice. Cover, refrigerate and allow to sit at least 30 minutes before serving.
Directions for cod:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Season both sides of cod with salt and pepper.
- Mix together the soft butter, lemon juice, onion powder and garlic. Place the fish on the baking dish.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until flaky.
You can heat up some tortillas and make tacos or just eat it as it is. I made a little salad to go along with it, cut up the cod, mixed it with the mango salsa and had some delicious fish tacos! Hope you enjoy! Follow me on Twitter @kypolan to see when my next blog post will be!